The mission of the BCC Library is to support the purpose and goals of the school by acting as the primary provider of relevant educational resources in print and electronically to all students and faculty of BCC. The major operational objective of the library is the acquisition and organization of information in various forms that support the overall curriculum and mission of BCC.
BCC also offers an on-campus library with over 2,000 resources!
On-Campus Library Hours
Mon-Sun, 7:30 am – 10:00 pm.
The library is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years weeks. See the academic calendar for dates.
Director of Library Information Services
Michelle Ochillo, M.L.I.S.
Phone: (504) 224-1275
The following are additional online resources.
- Baptist Center for Theology & Ministry
- This website has some quality academic blogs and articles. You can also access maps on this website.
- Bible Study Tools
- This is a good Bible software. You can read multiple Bible translations, read the Bible in the original languages, and get access to some of the older commentaries.
- Blue Letter Bible
- Bridges Christian College Library Search (OPAC)
- This is a search engine for the on-campus library. You can search a book here and see if the main library has it. Please contact the V. P. for Academic Affairs or the Librarian if you need a certain work.
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library
- Classic Reader
- Early Christian Writings
- This website has some of the ancient Christian writings. This includes the works of Josephus and the Didache.
- Google Books
- This is a good resource for searching academic works. In some cases, the entire book is available online.
- Internet Ancient History Sourcebook
- International World History Project
- Nation Master (Demographics for the Nations of the World)
- Project Gutenberg
- Perseus Digital Library (Greek Classics)
- A library of some the ancient Greek classical works.
- Questia Online Library
- This is the website where students can access their online library. Students each receive a code to cengage.com where they can get access to Questia.
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae
- This is an online digital library of ancient Greek literature.
- The NTS Library
- Timelines (Historical Timelines)
- Turabian Citation Guide
- This website provides examples of how to correctly create citations in Kate L. Turabian or Chicago Style.
- University of Texas Libraries (MAPS)