The mission of the BCC Library is to support the purpose and goals of the school by acting as the primary provider of relevant educational resources in print and electronically to all students and faculty of BCC. The major operational objective of the library is the acquisition and organization of information in various forms that support the overall curriculum and mission of BCC.
All students are provided with digital access to a scholarly database. The school library will provide students with these details at orientation.
BCC also offers an on-campus library with over 2,000 resources!
On-Campus Library Hours
Mon-Sun, 7:30 am – 10:00 pm.
The library is closed during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s weeks. See the academic calendar for dates.
If a student would like a particular book mailed to them from the on-site library, then they may submit a request by calling the school at 855-702-7434.
Director of Library Information Services
Michelle Ochillo, M.L.I.S.
Phone: (504) 224-1275
BCC Library Subscriptions
Every student is provided with a license to the Logos Bible Software that provides 1,353 theological resources and Bible commentaries. A current student should contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org if he or she needs a license.
For training on how to use the Logos software, please visit the following link: https://www.logos.com/student-training.
In addition, current students have access to ProQuest. An online library with 25,900 accredited general education resources. Current students can access this resource by going to the following link: ProQuest Link.
If a student does not yet have a license, then he or she should click “Request Account” on the home page.
Only students enrolled in courses have access to ProQuest and Logos.
The following are additional online, open-access resources. Click the below to access the content.
Please note that some articles may not reflect the views of Bridges Christian College. The journals are for academic research purposes.
- Ask Dr. Brown
- This website provides articles on culture and apologetics by one of the leading Pentecostal apologists and scholars, Dr. Michael Brown.
- Australasian Pentecostal Studies
- This is an online journal focused on Pentecostal and Charismatic movements around the world.
- Australian eJournal of Theology
- This journal contains articles on various theological subjects.
- Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies
- This is a journal in English for those who are interested in Pentecostal studies in the context of Asia. The journal is produced by Asia Pacific Theological Seminary.
- This website has some quality academic blogs and articles on the subject of biblical studies. You can also access Bible maps on this website.
- Bible Background: Research and Commentary from Dr. Craig Keener
- This website provides online articles on Biblical backgrounds by one of the leading New Testament scholars in the world, Dr. Craig Keener.
- Bible Study Tools
- This is a good Bible software where you can read multiple Bible translations, read the Bible in the original languages, and get access to some of the older commentaries.
- Bridges Christian College Library Search (OPAC)
- This is a search engine for the on-campus library. You can search for a book here and see if the main library has it. Please contact the V. P. for Academic Affairs or the Librarian if you need a certain work.
- Canadian Journal of Pentecostal-Charismatic Christianity
- This journal provides articles related Pentecostal-Charismatic Christianity within the context of Canada.
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library
- This resource provides access to classical Christian writings, like Martin Luther’s writings or Augustine’s.
- Cyberjournal for Pentecostal-Charismatic Research
- This site contains articles from some of the most well-known Pentecostal scholars. Articles contain research related to the study of Pentecostal-Charsimatic theology.
- Deutsche Bibel Gesellschaft
- This is an online resource for looking at the Bible in the original languages. One can look up verses in the most trusted Nestle-Aland Greek text, or the Hebrew Biblia Hebraica. The Septuagint version is also accessible on this site.
- Denver Journal
- This is the academic journal for Denver Seminary.
- It includes articles on philosophy, the New Testament, Old Testament, practical theology, and systematic theology.
- This is the academic journal for Denver Seminary.
- Early Christian Writings
- This website contains some of the ancient Christian writings. The site inclues the works of Josephus, the Didache, and the early church fathers.
- Encounter: Journal for Pentecostal Ministry
- This journal, published by Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, contains articles related to practical theology in the Pentecostal tradition.
- Flower Pentecostal Heritage Center
- This is a resource center that provides historical archives and articles about the Assemblies of God and the early Pentecostal movement.
- Global Journal of Classical Theology
- This journal focuses on historical theological topics (Luther, Calvin, etc.).
- Google Books
- This is a good resource for searching for academic works. In some cases, the entire book is available online.
- International Journal of Pentecostal Missiology
- This journal, published by Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, contains articles that discuss missiology from the Pentecostal perspective.
- Internet Ancient History Sourcebook
- This resource is provided by Fordham University. It provides links and articles to information regarding history both ancient and western.
- Journal for Baptist Theology and Ministry
- This is a practical theological journal provided by the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Journal of Biblical Pentecostalism
- This is the academic journal of Bridges Christian College. All of the contributors to the journal are faculty members of BCC.
- Topics range from Biblical Theology to Pentecostal Ministry.
- Journal of the Evangelical Homiletics Society
- This is the peer-reviewed journal for the Evangelical Homiletics Society.
- The journal contains articles pertaining to the research and practice of homiletics or preaching.
- Journal of Missions
- This journal is published by the Billy Graham School of Missions, Evangelism and Ministry at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. It contains articles related to missions and the history of missions.
- Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society
- This is one of the premier, Evangelical journals in biblical studies. Studies range from Old Testament to New Testament theology.
- Journal of the Jesus Movement in its Jewish Setting
- This journal contains articles related to the study of the first – seventh century A.D. context of Jesus and Christians.
- McMaster Journal of Theology and Ministry
- This is the journal of McMaster Divinity College. This journal contains articles related to theological and practical ministry studies.
- Nation Master (Demographics for the Nations of the World)
- This is a cultural demographics tool. Researchers can browse different countries and examine different cultural and social demographics.
- Pentecostal Education
- This is the academic journal for the World Alliance for Pentecostal Theological Education.
- Articles in this journal cover topics related to theological education in a Pentecostal context.
- Perseus Digital Library (Greek Classics)
- A library of some ancient Greek classical works.
- The Pneuma Review
- This journal contains academic reviews of current books.
- Reviews are written from a Pentecostal perspective and are completed on books that relate to Pentecostalism.
- Project Gutenberg
- This is a library of over 60,000 free ebooks. The books range from secular topics to biblical ones.
- Psychology and Behavioral Science International Journal
- This journal is open-access and provides articles related to psychology and behavioral sciences.
- Some of the views expressed in this journal are not necessarily expressed by the school.
- Salubritas: International Journal of Spirit-Empowered Counseling
- This journal is published by Oral Roberts University. It contains articles that discuss principles and practices of Pentecostal-Charismatic counseling.
- Spiritus: ORU Journal of Theology
- This is the theological journal of Oral Roberts University. The journal focuses on the study of the work and power of the Holy Spirit.
- Text & Canon Institute
- This website provides articles and resources about the history of Bible translation and the composition of the Canon of Scripture.
- The resources are provided by Phoenix Seminary.
- TC: A Journal of Biblical Textual Criticism
- This journal from the Society of Biblical Literature contains articles related to the study of biblical manuscripts.
- The American Journal of Biblical Theology
- This journal provides articles on the subject of biblical theology.
- The Burning Bush
- This is the theological journal of Far Eastern Bible College in Singapore.
- The Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts
- This online resource provides access to scanned images of New Testament Greek manuscripts and fragments. One of the leading textual critics (scholars) in the world directs this website, Dr. Daniel Wallace.
- The NTS Library
- An online Christian of virtual theological resources. This resource is offered through Northwestern Theological Seminary.
- The One-Minute Apologist
- This website contains articles on Christian apologetics by a leading scholar in the field, Dr. Bobby Conway.
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae
- This is an online digital library of ancient Greek literature.
- One may find Greek texts of Josephus or Philo at this website.
- Timelines (Historical Timelines)
- This resource is a tool for studying the historical timeline. Researchers can browse the names of persons and places, and see their significance in the historical timeline.
- University of Texas Libraries (MAPS)
- This tool provides access to different maps around the world.