The mission of the BCC Library is to support the purpose and goals of the school by acting as the primary provider of relevant educational resources in print and electronically to all students and faculty of BCC. The major operational objective of the library is the acquisition and organization of information in various forms that support the overall curriculum and mission of BCC.
BCC also offers an on-campus library with over 2,000 resources!
On-Campus Library Hours
Mon-Sun, 7:30 am – 10:00 pm.
The library is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years weeks. See the academic calendar for dates.
If a student would like a particular book mailed to them from the on-site library, then they may submit a request by calling the school at 855-702-7434.
Director of Library Information Services
Michelle Ochillo, M.L.I.S.
Phone: (504) 224-1275
The following are additional online resources.
- Ask Dr. Brown
- This website provides articles on culture and apologetics by one of the leading Pentecostal apologists and scholars, Dr. Michael Brown.
- Australian eJournal of Theology
- American Theological Inquiry
- Asian Journal of Pentecostal Studies
- This is a journal in English for those who are interested in Pentecostal studies in the context of Asia. The journal is produced by Asia Pacific Theological Seminary.
- This website has some quality academic blogs and articles. You can also access maps on this website.
- Bible Background: Research and Commentary from Dr. Craig Keener
- These are online articles by one of the leading New Testament scholars in the world, Dr. Craig Keener.
- Bible Study Tools
- This is a good Bible software. You can read multiple Bible translations, read the Bible in the original languages, and get access to some of the older commentaries.
- Blue Letter Bible
- This is an online Bible software full of different translations. Students can also look at the Bible in the original languages.
- Bridges Christian College Library Search (OPAC)
- This is a search engine for the on-campus library. You can search for a book here and see if the main library has it. Please contact the V. P. for Academic Affairs or the Librarian if you need a certain work.
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library
- This resource provides access to classical Christian writings, like Martin Luther’s writings or St. Augustine’s.
- Deutsche Bibel Gesellschaft
- This is an online resource for looking at the Bible in the original languages. One can look up verses in the most trusted Nestle-Aland Greek text, or the Hebrew Biblia Hebraica. The Septuagint version is also accessible on this site.
- Denver Journal
- This is the academic journal for Denver Seminary.
- Early Christian Writings
- This website has some of the ancient Christian writings. This includes the works of Josephus and the Didache.
- Flower Pentecostal Heritage Center
- This is a resource center that provides historical archives and articles about the Assemblies of God and the early Pentecostal movement.
- Global Journal of Classical Theology
- Google Books
- This is a good resource for searching for academic works. In some cases, the entire book is available online.
- Internet Ancient History Sourcebook
- This resource is provided by Fordham University. It provides links and articles to information regarding history both ancient and western.
- International Journal of Pentecostal Missiology
- Journal for Baptist Theology and Ministry
- Journal of Biblical Pentecostalism
- This is the academic journal of Bridges Christian College. All of the contributors to the journal are faculty members of BCC.
- Topics range from Biblical Theology to Pentecostal Ministry.
- Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society
- This is one of the premier, Evangelical journals in biblical studies. Studies range from Old Testament to New Testament theology.
- Journal of the Jesus Movement in its Jewish Setting
- This journal contains articles related to the study of the first – seventh century A.D. context of Jesus and Christians.
- McMaster Journal of Theology and Ministry
- This is the journal of McMaster Divinity College. This journal contains articles related to theological and practical ministry studies.
- Nation Master (Demographics for the Nations of the World)
- This is a cultural demographics tool. Researchers can browse different countries and examine different cultural and social demographics.
- Project Gutenberg
- This is a library of over 60,000 free ebooks. The books range from secular topics to biblical ones.
- Perseus Digital Library (Greek Classics)
- A library of some ancient Greek classical works.
- Questia Online Library
- This is the website where students can access their online library. Students each receive a code to cengage.com where they can get access to Questia.
- Spiritus: ORU Journal of Theology
- This is the theological journal of Oral Roberts University. The journal focuses on the study of the work and power of the Holy Spirit.
- TC: A Journal of Biblical Textual Criticism
- This journal from the Society of Biblical Literature contains articles related to the study of biblical manuscripts.
- The American Journal of Biblical Theology
- The Burning Bush
- This is the theological journal of Far Eastern Bible College in Singapore.
- The Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts
- This online resource provides access to scanned images of New Testament Greek manuscripts and fragments. One of the leading textual critics (scholars) in the world directs this website, Dr. Daniel Wallace.
- The NTS Library
- An online Christian of virtual theological resources. This resource is offered through Northwestern Theological Seminary.
- The One-Minute Apologist
- This website contains articles on Christian apologetics by a leading scholar in the field, Dr. Bobby Conway.
- Thesaurus Linguae Graecae
- This is an online digital library of ancient Greek literature.
- Timelines (Historical Timelines)
- This resource is a tool for studying the historical timeline. Researchers can browse the names of persons and places, and see their significance in the historical timeline.
- Turabian Citation Guide
- This website provides examples of how to correctly create citations in Kate L. Turabian or Chicago Style.
- University of Texas Libraries (MAPS)
- This tool provides access to different maps around the world.