Accreditation and Recognition
Bridges Christian College holds candidate status with the Association for Biblical Higher Education Commission on Accreditation, 5850 T. G. Lee Blvd., Ste. 130, Orlando, FL 32822, 407.207.0808. Candidate status is a pre-accreditation status granted to those institutions that meet the ABHE Conditions of Eligibility and that possess such qualities as may provide a basis for achieving accreditation status within five years.
General Council of the Assemblies of God
In February 2018, Bridges Christian College courses were approved by the Executive Presbytery of the Assemblies of God to meet the educational requirements for ordination credentials with the Assemblies of God. This means that students in any A.G. district in the U.S. may receive academic credit towards the educational requirements for ordination.
The General Council of the Assemblies of God
1445 N. Boonville Avenue
Springfield, MO 65802-1894
Articulation Agreements and Recognition of Bachelor’s Degrees
BCC currently holds articulation agreements with the following schools:
- God’s Bible School and College in Cincinnati, OH (gbs.edu)
- Winebrenner Theological Seminary in Findlay, OH (winebrenner.edu).
- This means that BCC graduates have the opportunity to earn a fully-accredited Master’s degrees with God’s Bible School and College or Winebrenner Theological Seminary upon completion of their Bachelor’s degree with BCC.
In addition to the above schools, BCC Bachelor’s degree graduates have also been accepted into fully-accredited master’s degree programs at the following schools:
- Regent University in Virginia Beach, VA (regent.edu)
- Southwestern Assemblies of God University in Waxahachie, TX (sagu.edu)
- Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, OK (oru.edu)
- These schools do not have official articulation agreements with BCC, but they have recognized the academic quality of BCC’s degrees by their acceptance of BCC’s graduates into their Master’s degree programs.
State Registration and Authorization
BCC is registered with the Board of Regents for the State of Louisiana with its headquarters in New Orleans, LA and it is exempt from licensure.
BOARD OF REGENTS
P. O. Box 3677
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-3677
Phone (225) 342-4253, FAX (225) 342-9318
Degree programs of study offered by Bridges Christian College have been declared exempt from the requirements for licensure, under provisions of North Carolina General Statutes Section (G.S.) 116-15 (d) for exemption from licensure with respect to religious education. Exemption from licensure is not based upon assessment of program quality under established licensing standards.
State Authorizations for Online Degrees
In addition to Louisiana and North Carolina, BCC is authorized or exempt from authorization by state education officials to offer online degrees in the following states:
- Arkansas: Arkansas Department of Education (Division of Higher Education)
- BCC courses may not transfer to Arkansas state schools.
- California: California Bureau for Private Post-Secondary Education
- Florida: Florida Department of Education
- Illinois: Illinois Board of Higher Education
- Minnesota: Minnesota Office of Higher Education
- Mississippi: Mississippi Public Universities (Commissioner of Higher Education)
- Missouri: Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development
- New Jersey: New Jersey Office of the Secretary of Higher Education
- Ohio: Ohio Department of Higher Education
- Texas: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
BCC is in process of obtaining authorization from the remaining states.
The current strength of Bridges Christian College is its sense of divine guidance, the vision of the President, the Board of Directors, and the quality credentials and dedication of the faculty. All of our faculty have at least a Master’s degree and Doctorates from accredited institutions. As the college pursues wider recognition at the national level, it will continue to grow and mature.