Bridges Christian College exists to “rescue, equip, and deploy” a generation of sacrificial Jesus followers into needy places around the world.
The ever-increasing anti-Jesus mindsets are becoming more and more influential in our world. We must prepare students’ minds and hearts to lead in biblical and rightful ways.
We will be:
- constructing semantic and experiential bridges into a God-intentional future;
- constructing theological, semantic, and experiential bridges for the sole purpose of rescuing and preserving a generation for the God of the Bible;
- preparing a generation to be morally and spiritually responsible people;
- developing students of spiritual discernment and social engagement.
The core curriculum will consist of elements of the following: What the students believe about God (theology), good and evil (ethics), origin of our world (metaphysics), origin of knowledge (epistemology), and essence of humanity (discernment and engagement.)
Bridges must be constructed over the following gaps of personal understanding to more fully prepare God’s leaders for the mind wars that are taking place in small and large communities around the world:
- Epistemology - that each student must learn about how they can know anything at all in our world now being shaped by an epistemology of deconstructing texts, any texts, including the Bible.
- Theology – that each student be exposed to and have a working awareness of an orthodox and historical faith anchored in more than just a praxis approach to the needs of our world.
- Ethics, Bio-ethics, and Character – that each student learn how his/her own personal character is connected to the message of the gospel and avoid the private and corporate scandals which hurt the spread of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Metaphysics and Creation Philosophy – that each student have an awareness of ancient and contemporary philosophies that espouse to know how our world came to be, so that they might respond in an intelligent way to a confused and arrogant culture.
- Human Persons and Axiology – that each student have a clear understanding of the noetic effects of the fall of our first parents and answer the question: Are humans basically good or spiritually flawed from birth?
The semantic and experiential bridges that move us from one theological truth to another are in disrepair. Students are understanding less and less about how their epistemology, theology, character, philosophy, and personal values are inextricably connected.
Bridges Christian College will lead the student through an intentional process of world-view shaping that will allow them to cross over the dangerous waters of culture and an emerging theology which is increasingly un-orthodox into the land of sound and powerful theology and personal experience with the Creator Himself.
Bridges Christian College will recruit students in whom we might shape the thoughts and words and word clusters that will allow them to move into a God future aligned with the deeper truths of God’s Word and not just personal spiritual experiences in their formational years.
Bridges Christian College will seek to form students to be leaders who are discerning and fully engaged in the world around us, all to the glory of God.
Bridges Christian College will respond passionately to the crumbling infrastructure of thought and theology that has been accelerating in its decline for some time.
Bridges Christian College will work to prepare hearts for the oversight and development of God’s work in and around us in this time and in many places around the world.
© 2011 Bridges Christian College